No-Bake Greek Yoghurt Easter Nest Cake
With Easter around the corner, why not go all out with an Easter dessert. This cake involves no baking (winning) and looks like a dream.
· 266g of Oreo cookies
· ¼ cup of melted butter
· ¼ of sugar
· 6 gelatine leaves
· 250g of sour cream
· Juice and zest of 1 lemon
· 1 block of Cadbury milk chocolate
· Easter eggs to decorate – optional
1. Line a 18cm springform tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. Break the Oreo biscuits in half and either add into a blender and blend until it turns into a fine crumb or place in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Once the Oreos are a fine crumb, mix it with the melted butter and add to the prepared tin, pressing at the bottom to get an even layer.
4. Place into the fridge.
5. For the filling, add the gelatine leaves into a bowl with cold water and soak for 5-7 minutes.
6. Mix the yoghurt, sour cream, sugar lemon juice and zest in a bowl until combined.
7. Add the soaked gelatine leaves into a small saucepan and heat up gently.
8. Once the gelatine has melted, add about 1-2 tablespoons of the yoghurt mixture (filling) into the saucepan and mix.
9. Add this mixture back to the bowl with the rest of the yoghurt filling and mix well.
10. Pour into the tin, on top of the Oreo base and smooth out the top.
11. Place in fridge and let it cool/set for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
12. Once set, grate the Cadbury chocolate and place on top of the cake to resemble a nest.
13. Place easter eggs in the middle of the nest (chocolate flakes) and VOILA!