Greek yoghurt oat muffins
Perfect for school lunches or a cheeky afternoon snack! Our Oat muffin recipe makes roughly 12 muffins.
½ cup raisins
1 apple, peeled, cored and grated
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup brown sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup Village Dairy Greek Yoghurt
1 large egg
Pinch of salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees celsius and prepare a muffin tray line. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
2. Lightly beat the egg in a separate bowl. Whisk in the yoghurt, applesauce, brown sugar, vanilla and grated apple, stirring until well combined.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing gently until just combined. Fold in the raisins.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling them almost to the top. Add a sprinkle of oats if desires.
5. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until top if firm to touch and toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store them in an airtight container for up to 5 days.