Tomato Basil Bruschetta with Feta Drizzle
· 5 to 6 medium tomatoes
· ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
· ½ cup finely chopped white onion
· ½ cup chopped fresh basil
· 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
· 1 baguette or sourdough bread, for a healthier option
· 4 to 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
· Thick balsamic vinegar
· Village Dairy Feta cheese
· Preheat the oven. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet.
· Dice your tomatoes and transfer them to a medium mixing bowl, leaving the tomato seeds and juice behind on the cutting board. Stir the salt into the tomatoes, and add the onion, basil and garlic as they are ready. Stir to combine and set the mixture aside to marinate while you work on the bread.
· Lightly brush both sides of the bread with olive oil.
· Place the slices in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet and bake them on the middle rack for 6 to 9 minutes, until they’re crisp and nicely golden on top.
· When you’re ready to serve, carefully drain off the excess tomato juice that has accumulated in the bowl, using your hand as a stopgap. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir to combine, and season the mixture with additional salt, to taste.
· Top each toast with tomato mixture. Lightly drizzle a couple of tablespoons of thick balsamic vinegar on top, and the Village Dairy Feta Cheese.
· Serve it immediately.